“Kesavardhini” literally means hair vitalizer. This is very popular and widely used as a hair tonic in India and its well known for the amazing benefits it imparts. Commonly known as false daisy, Kesavardhini is very easy to grow and can be grown in small containers or grow bags.
The flower of kesavardhini is so pretty that you would definitely want to have them in your home garden. The leaves can be used to prepare hair oil or can be ground into a paste to use it as a hair pack too.
Let’s see some of the benefits of using it as a hair tonic.
Benefits of Kesavardhini Hair oil
- Strengthens hair follicles
- Promotes hair growth
- Reduce Hair fall
- Improves the hair texture
- Nourishes the hair and scalp
- Provides Lustrous Hair
- Boosts Hair and Scalp health
- Prevents pre-mature greying of hair
How to prepare this miracle hair oil at Home
- Coconut oil – 200 – 250ml (I use my farm grown coconut oil)
- Kesavardhini leaves (false daisy) – 20-30 leaves
- Wash & wipe the Kesavardhini leaves
- Heat coconut oil in a thick bottom pan on low heat.
- Add the leaves to the oil. Optionally you could also crush the leaves gently in a mortar pestle and then add it to the oil.
- Keep stirring the leaves in the oil for about 10-12 minutes.
- The leaves will change colour and turn a bit crispy
- Switch off and let this oil mixture cool
- Once cooled, you can transfer it into any container and start using it
- You can have the leaves in the oil or strain it if you prefer
- It stays good for a year or more
Click Below to Watch this Video on How to Prepare Kesavardhini Hair Oil at Home
How to use:
You can use this oil in two ways;
- Use a small quantity of kesavardhini oil on a daily basis just as you would with regular hair oil.
- Use it as a Pre-wash application. Massage this oil directly on your hair and scalp. Leave it for 30min – 1 hour and wash it off with a natural homemade or mild shampoo.
I hope you liked this simple and easy recipe for an excellent hair potion. Do try this and let me know how you liked it. Click Recipes to get my tried and tested cooking tips and if you like gardening then don’t miss my Farm Blog